As I was sitting with God asking Him what the last blog post of 2020 should be, I got a strong sense that it should be about my favorite moments this year that Jesus put into motion. This year for us had a lot of ups and downs, like many other people in the world right now. But, as we move forward into 2021 with great expectation, it is crucial to remember God’s faithfulness in the past seasons. It’s time to end on a high note!
Since it’s almost January and we are all getting our lists out, I decided a list would be appropriate for the last blog of 2020.
So here are my top 20 favorite moments in 2020 (in no particular order):
- Moving to Colorado Springs in the middle of a pandemic with no money or jobs and getting a place of our own again—April 24th
- Jalie and Phil getting baptized—March 1st
- Finding like-minded friends and community in Colorado Springs-meeting together, dinner, hiking worshipping and serving together—August 8th-December
- Getting involved and finding our home with Life.Church Colorado Springs—July 31st
- My sister getting married, seeing family in Arkansas and family visiting us in Colorado Springs-the windy, freezing coffee walk—February, September and November
- Starting my blog, writing, books, videos and art—gaining awesome friends through it—February-December
- Coffee Walk and talks-there have been many with friends, family and alone with God—May-December
- The Christmas dance party we had just the 3 of us while putting up the Christmas tree, our week of family hikes in the snow the week of Christmas and our New Years Eve walk and playing in the snow in the dark—November 13th, the week of Christmas and night time on New Year’s Eve
- Homeschooling Jalie-there has been so much growth in our relationship together and with Jalie’s learning. Seeing God transform Jalie and the promises He made her come through—August-December
- Dates with Phil- Coffee/Shriganesh date and Christmas lights date- October and December 19th
- Working again after 8 years-the fun I had as a barista and my new love of coffee—May through August
- Phil getting his job at our apartment complex allowing us to get half off rent and him staying on site so I could take the car to work and he could be with Jalie—May 19th
- The hours spent on the balcony worshipping, praying, reading my Bible and talking to Jesus—May-October
- Late nights spent with friends talking about God and what He has done in our lives—August through December
- Jalie learning in the hotel how to cook pancakes and eggs by herself for the first time-she tried melting butter with a hair dryer for fun—May 2nd
- Going to Acacia Park and handing out 7 pizzas to homeless men who were planning on getting pizza that day but their money was stolen. Meeting Ben and teaching and reading the Bible to those eager men in the park. Taking Ben to church and he giving his life to Jesus on the second row.—July 21st and September 13th
- Jalie riding her bike for the first time all by herself after praying and being brave to face her past fears—August 2nd
- Praying for a writing desk in the shower and getting an immediate text asking if anyone needed a desk—God provided several times this year at the very moments we needed it—October 2nd, 17th and many more times throughout the year
- Going back to my worship spot behind the hotel we lived in for a month and all the hiking we did there—November 11th
- Mom and Daughter dates-there were many- coffee, ice cream and fries, hiking, walking, Christmas shopping, baking, sledding in the snow—May-December
“Give thanks to the Lord; call on his name; proclaim his deeds among the peoples. Sing to him; sing praise to him; tell about all his wondrous works! Boast in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wondrous works he has done, his wonders, and the judgments he has pronounced, you offspring of Israel his servant, Jacob’s descendants—his chosen ones.” –1 Chronicles 16:8-13
Father God, thank you for the beautiful memories and victories that You gave us this past year. You are great and mighty and will do wondrous things in 2021. Nothing is out of your hands or too big for you! May we grow to truly realize just how mighty You are in 2021. Thank you for who You are and the gifts You gave to us in the middle of a pandemic. Grow and develop any hidden gifts and talents of Your people this year and may we use those gifts to bring about Your love and light to a hurting world. We give You praise and glory ahead of time for what You will do in 2021. No matter what this year holds may we be focused on You and grateful for the smallest of things. We ask for your blessings and do not hold back from boldly approaching your throne. We love you! Thank you for the sweetest gift of all—Jesus! It’s in His name, Jesus, we pray! Amen.
Cheers to starting something new!